Sunday, August 19, 2007

Future Classroom

As I sit and reflect on this whole entire class as a whole, as well as any previous knowledge I come to some conclusions on how I would like to see my future classroom. First of all, I think that education is something that needs to be used as a tool and as another option and not as the only source. In this way, it is similar to using a pen and paper, it is another option or tool where there is a time and a place to use it. After my experience with Kathy Cassidy and her class, I would love to give my children the opportunity to start blogging at a young age. Why not? If they can read and write then they should have this chance. I also believe that I would love to use every chance I get to spice up my classroom by using a power point or another form of multimedia presentation, just as another way of conveying the subject. If I end up in a school alike my old school with only one computer per classroom I think the center idea would work great. After writing my own research essay for the class, I also got another brain wave. If students were allowed to send the essay electronically, they could most definitely set up a link after each quote within the essay. This way as the teacher, you can just click on that and there is the site. Proper forms of citation are still necessary to learn however. Overall, I think by using the technology provided and coming up with inventive ways to use it, classrooms can be extremely fun and enjoyable for students. However, as a teacher we have to be aware that there is a limit to how much technology should be used per lesson! I can't wait to get out there and see what I can do with technology!

No comments: