Monday, January 22, 2007

Elng 325

January 11Th

As I start out in ELNG 307 i really wonder what this class will bring me. Will I learn about children's literature and language even more? I hope so as I have a great interest in how children learn how to read and write. Thus far in the elementary education program I have learned a lot about theorist's and their theories in the field of education and am interested in learning how these theories are applied in the classroom and how they actually deal with children. I have also learned many approaches when it comes to classroom but am very interested in learning about the literacy of a child and how it progresses over time. I have a basic understanding of children's development through literacy, speech and art and understand that they all can be linked very closely. I am interested in finding out just how closely they are related and how children learn language through play, society, family and other places in society. I think that through this journal I will be able to organize my ideas and be able to see my personal progression through the next semester of learning even more about the field of education. I look forward to having this opportunity to be able to reflect everyday on this topic.

No comments: