Monday, January 22, 2007

January 15th, 2007

January 15th, 2007

My mom runs an unlicensed home day care in my home town where I have gained much valuable experience with children. My mom has always had this day care ever since I was a year old so I have been fully emerged with children since I was young. Since then I have learned many things in both roles. Being a child and interacting in such an environment to going to being a teenager helping out in such an environment. I strongly believe that socialization among children is essential and they can learn very quickly how to talk and communicate with one another. This is important because they learn how to function. They learn how to share; they learn how to respect each other and even learn about compromise and how to argue. The latter two may seem negative but in reality are very important as they are a part of life. Children need to know how to resolve issues and problems themselves in order to learn. With the intervention of an adult though, the adult can guide them and show the outcomes of resolving conflict. My mom’s service is probably the most influential factor in me deciding to pursue a career in education. I have a great appreciation for kids and believe that we can learn so much from them as much as they can learn from us. I do not know a greater and more important career and I can not imagine a job for myself that does not involve working with children.

No comments: